About Elite Development Program Soccer
With more than 8,500 teams participating in its leagues and tournaments, Elite Development Program (EDP) Soccer provides optimal developmental pathways for all of its players. As one of the country's largest youth soccer league program organizers, EDP operates more than 20 tournaments every year, hosting more than 170,000 players and 5,000 teams.
EDP runs leagues for girls and boys from 8 to 19 years old. As a top-quality soccer development academy, EDP also operates a Futures program for 7- to 10-year-old boys and girls, as well as U20-U23 leagues for men and women. The organization's Pathway to College programs help develop youth athletes on and off the field as they move along the path to college.
A cornerstone of EDP's program is REP, its Respect and Etiquette Policy: "Playing soccer should be a positive experience that provides opportunities for young athletes to develop as players and helps nurture them to become confident and compassionate individuals. REP encourages spectators, coaches, and club officials to provide positive reinforcement to players and referees."
REP impacts anyone who attends and takes part in any EDP competitions, including the clubs, coaches, referees, and spectators. The elements of REP include:
- Support players; applaud and encourage them at all times.
- Maintain a respectful distance from the field of play.
- Refrain from any conduct that will be detrimental to the player, team, club, or league.
- Always be polite and humble regardless of calls from officials.
- Allow club officials, coaches, managers, etc., to act as the leaders.
- Be mindful of young players' emotions and the damage caused by overly aggressive sideline behaviors.